Are you thinking about selling or trading in your automobile?

 Have you Submitted a Transfer Notification Form with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles?

 If the person you sell your vehicle to decides they don't want to pay the sales tax or transfer the title into their name is could possibly set you up for a problem down the road. You could receive multiple notices from the Hardy Toll Authority and the City of Houston for tolls, unpaid parking tickets, red light cameras, etc..

 This unpleasant situation could have been avoided with a couple of easy steps. First, get a signed bill of sale listing the vehicle and identity of the new owner along with the date of the transaction. Second, remove the plates and registration sticker from the vehicle during the sale process. You may want to accompany the new owner to the tax office to make sure the title transfer is completed properly.

I have included the website to notify the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. Under Applications there is an icon with a yellow sold sign. Click the icon and you will be redirected to a vehicle transfer form to complete.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version